Zipfocus is a small, portable, zip reader/viewer/extractor suitable for general use or the restoration of backups.
- Zipfocus is suitable for all versions of Windows from 95/NT4 onwards.
- The download package includes an installation program to add context menus and shortcuts but Zipfocus can operate without installation e.g. on a floppy disk or flash drive.
- A choice of overwrite and extract modes is provided, and individual files can be extracted or omitted.
- An extraction log is maintained to help identify problems should any arise.
- A Progress dialog permits extraction to be paused, resumed and cancelled.
- Standard encryption is supported with five password attempts being allowed by default.
- The archive comment (if any) is displayed below the About information.
- By installing a language file, dialogs and messages can be translated into other languages.
- The executable program shares a common code base with the Zipfusion Self-Extractor and is only about 100KB in size.
Despite the limitations listed below, Zipfocus should decompress almost all zip files available on the internet.
- Only type 0/8/9 (stored/deflate/deflate64) format zip files are supported.
- Only standard zip files are supported.
Zip64 files (required to exceed 2 GB limit) are not supported.
- Whilst standard encryption is supported, AES encryption is not.