General Terms and Conditions
These apply to all versions.
Any breach of the terms of this license may be considered to be a breach of copyright, in which case the copyright holder may initiate legal proceedings. Use of or distribution of Uniform Mail shall be deemed to be acceptance in full of all terms of this license.
- This license shall be governed by English law.
All disputes will be heard within England unless all parties concerned agree on an alternative location.
- No conversation, whether recorded or not, shall form any
part of this license.
No email, whether digitally signed or not, shall form any part of this license, however, agreements with respect to bespoke alterations shall be binding.
- Uniform Mail is supplied without any warranty. You must accept all liability for losses that result from its use. No other individual or organisation shall be liable for any such losses. You should test Uniform Mail thoroughly before deployment.
- Uniform Mail may be modified for private or commercial use but you may not redistribute modified versions.
This version is freeware. That is to say it may be used and/or distributed without any charge subject to the other terms of this license. Nevertheless, copyright still applies.
- A link to http://www.cathonian.com or http://www.cathonian.com/software/uniformmail is required with text similar to form-mail by Cathonian Software
This link need not be large but it must be legible.
Only one link per website is required.
The link must use simple html code and must not include page-rank manipulation such as rel="nofollow".
This version may be evaluated free of charge but in all other regards should be treated as regular software that might be purchased from a store.
- Unlike version 1.x, this cannot be downloaded but is available on request (via a form on the download page).
- When evaluation is complete, you must either register Uniform Mail or complete the rejection form stating why it is not suitable for your requirements.
- Evaluation must be limited to testing only.
Use of Uniform mail within a live area of a website is forbidden unless registered.
- This version must not be redistributed, shared or copied for use by others.
- This version must not be used to provide form-mail services to other organisations without written permission. This permission will take the form of a special license and will be charged accordingly.
- License models are provided for both large and small businesses.
- A link as described for version 1.x is requested but not required.
Small Business License
- This covers businesses with up to four employees and permits use of Uniform Mail on up to four websites provided those websites are all owned and run by the same business.
- If you have more than four employees or wish to use Uniform Mail on more than four websites, you need a Large Business License.
Large Business License
- This covers businesses with more than four employees and businesses that wish to use Uniform Mail on more than four websites provided those websites are all owned and run by the same business.
- NOTE TO WEBSITE DESIGNERS
Each client requires a separate license.
Requests for alterations to version 2.x will be considered. Small alterations that would be of general use may be provided at no charge, or at a nominal charge. Larger alterations will normally be charged at a fixed price agreed in advance based on the estimated time required and a daily rate of approximately $400 US, €300 Europe, £250 UK.
- Part or full payment may be required in advance or before code is released.
Any outstanding amount must be paid in full within 30 days.
- Copyright of all bespoke versions remains with the author.
- Bespoke versions must not be redistributed, shared or copied for use by others.