The standard Windows Charmap utility is rather unsophisticated. This dialog allows you to view fonts over a large range of sizes, styles and colors. The main font window will display fonts in the normal style, but the style checkboxes and the color buttons will adjust the style and colors of the sample window.
- Font sizes from 4 to 48 point may be viewed in the sample window.
- Font sizes up to 24 point are displayed full-size in the main window, however, larger than this,
the size is calculated thus :-
sz = 24 + (size - 24) div 3
- When the mouse is moved over the main window, each character will be highlighted, and the keystroke information displayed in the status panel.
- Characters may be placed in the box labelled Send to clipboard simply by double-clicking. Click the Send button to place them on the Windows clipboard.
- The window may be enlarged or maximized to improve viewing of fonts at large sizes.